We adhere to a stringent code of ethics in all of our business ventures. In every country where A.A. Rachminov has a presence, we comply with all respective country regulations. We also follow a corporate governance policy that upholds business best practices and ensures a respectful working environment for all of our employees worldwide. Below are some examples of how seriously we take our role as a socially responsible industry leader:
- We are one of the few diamond exporters in Israel who are members of the Responsible Jewelry Council (RJC), a non-profit organization that sets ethical standards for the jewelry industry. As part of the RJC, we are committed to its Code of Practices, which is a set of standards guidance regarding human and labor rights, environmental issues, mining practices, product disclosure and more.
- We deal only in natural fancy colored diamonds, and are a member of the Natural Color Diamond Association (NCDA), an organization which promotes global awareness and education of natural colored diamonds.
- Our high-value inventories are stocked only with conflict-free diamonds that are certified by the Kimberly Process Certification Scheme (KPCS), which aims to block the entry of conflict diamonds into the market and prevent their profits from financing rebel- or government-backed violence in their source countries. We have a zero-tolerance policy for sourcing rough diamonds that don’t comply with KPCS regulations.
- We are also a member of the Israeli Export & International Cooperation Institute, which supports trade relations, cooperation and strategic alliances with overseas companies. We are also a member of the Israel Diamond Exchange, which sets trade rules and protocols for the Israeli diamond trade.
- Our company heartily believes in giving back to the community, and we regularly contribute to charity funds that support disabled children.